Muay Thai bag combinations for beginners.
Today I want to provide you with 21 combinations of Muay Thai for beginners to perform to start working on the heavy bag!
The Muay Thai having the opportunity to strike with hands, elbows, kicks and knees, as well as the clinch allows you to have a huge combination of shots that you have to explore considering always the dynamics of combat and that make sense in the combat strategy.
Even if I wrote for beginners does not mean that they are not effective indeed are the fundamentals!
I write the names in English because you have to get used to them even if they are easy to memorize, they are few terms.
I’ve always used medium kicks and not low kicks the famous devastating low kicks of Muay Thai because it has to be a preparatory workout and if you throw a middle a low kick is still “easier”.
As you’ll see are combinations of two shots at the beginning and then they become from 3 and at most 4 shots but simple combinations.
What you need now is a lot, the headbands and the gloves, remember to always train protecting your hands.
Now if you need some fun new combinations to try your next Training session in Muay Thai try these 21 KO combos for beginners.
During your next workout who knows what your favorite combo is!
But now let’s not get lost in chatter and let’s get started!
You have to perform at least 20 repeats for each combo I propose to you but if you feel like they can be even more!
These muay thai bag combinations are a track I want you to use to start exploring the shots inserted in typical Muay Thai combination.
Ps. Get in the background as you practice the traditional music used during Muay Thai matches.
Here are the 21 muay Thai combination for beginners:
- Jab – Middle Kick
- Cross – Switch Middle Kick
- Jab – Cross – Middle Kick
- Jab – Cross – Switch Middle Kick
- Teep (with advanced leg) – Middle Kick
- Teep (with advanced leg) – Switch Middle Kick
- Jab – Rear Elbow (elbowed with the opposite hand to the Jab pulling the Cross)
- Jab – Cross – Lead Elbow (elbowed with the hand that pulled the Jab)
- Middle Kick – Middle Kick (with the same leg, double the shot)
- Switch Middle Kick – Middle Kick (so make the changing of the guard and shoot two shots with the same leg, double the shot)
- Cross – Hook – Rear Knee (knee with back leg)
- Hook – Cross – Switch Lead Knee (knee with advanced leg but doing the switch)
- Middle Kick – Rear Knee
- Jab – Lead Teep (very used in Muay Thai, Jab and Instant Teep with advanced leg)
- Leat Teep – Rear Teep (make a teep with the left leg and then an immediate teep with the back leg)
- Jab – Lead Elbow – Rear Elbow (after the jab you throw an elbow with the same hand that threw the jab and then elbowed the opposite)
- Switch Middle Kick – Cross
- Jab – Rear Middle Kick – Lead Middle Kick
- Rear Middle Kick – Hook – Cross – Switch Middle Kick
- Jab – Cross – Hook – Rear Middle Kick (this is a classic combination in speed)
- Jab – Lead Middle Kick – Cross – Rear Middle Kick (after jab he throws a middle kick with the advanced leg and after cross and a middle kick with the back leg)
I hope these 21 muay thai bag combinations can be useful to you!
Building a set of combinations and training them can be very useful both to strive to perform certain combinations, and to learn new ones.
Definitely the construction of muay thai bag combinations to get out of those classic combinations it’s fundamental and it’s also a nice mental and technical exercise that you should do on a piece of paper and then perform them on a heavy bag, on hitrs like paos or on focus pads but above all see if they work well during sparring sessions with your training partners.
It’s a track to get you to work with a logical sense to the sack and I recommend you read the post of tips on how to use the heavy bag.
Good workout with the 21 muay thai bag combinations for beginners!
Stay Tuned! 21 muay thai bag combinations for beginners!
Street Fight Mentality & Fight Sport