High Kick Strategy Combination
4 Combinations of High Kick for maximum destructive effectiveness.
is one of the most difficult techniques to target for a variety of reasons.
You have seen in these days the match between the Thai Superbon Banchamek vs Giorgio Petrosian where the Italian athlete of Armenian origin received a very bad KO and ended up on the mat after a violent kick to the head (High Kick) against his opponent for the title One Fc of featherweights Singapore.
The kick to the face put the Thai immediately knocked out “The Doctor” Petrosyan, who collapsed to the ground and was hospitalized after losing consciousness.
Fortunately, the Italian-Armenian, who had not lost for eight years,is conscious but had to undergo an operation for jaw rupture, but probably will have to skip his next appointments.
Or in UFC 261 where Rose Namajunas vs Weili Zhang placed a precise Hick Kick that paved the way for him to close the match with an incredible victory against all odds.
Or the match in the UFC 239 event between Amanda Nunes vs. Holly Holm where the Brazilian Nunes placed a High Kick that decreed the victory.
Hick Kick is not recommended for self-defense
It is certainly a football that I do not recommend in the field of self-defence but that remains in sport one of the spectacular kicks and that when it goes to target is often decisive.
It is not recommended for self-defense because you may not have the right clothing, slippery shoes and ground, you expose your genitals,expose yourself to projections, etc. but it does not mean that it does not work even in the street, there are several videos of non-sporting combat situations where an aggressor is stopped with a high kick but it is still definitely athletes or former athletes.
Now consider that the High Kick:
- It’s a kick that requires flexibility and dexterity. Lifting your foot/tibia to the height of an opponent’s head is not easy. In addition to the technical gesture, flexibility is required that develops with specific exercises in order to be able to have the right flexibility.
- Next, your foot is asked to cover a huge amount of distance (your foot from your opponent’s head), further away than any other strike.
- Kicks to the head (one of the targets of the human body) is a slow attack because of the first point that we have seen that concerns flexibility and the second point that is the distance to be covered.
Everyone dreams of kicking a decisive kick in the middle of a match solving the situation with a nice KO but bringing the thunderous power of a high kick is complex and difficult to achieve but today you are about to discover the formula to be able to pull high kick to target.
It is not recommended for self-defense because
But now I’m telling you that you don’t need to be Mirko Cro Copto kick your head but c on the right setup and the formulaI’m going to tell you becomes possible.
High Kick setups are based on your opponent’s balance
All the combinations you’ll see below follow a very basic principle: strike when your opponent’s balance is compromised.
Its basis must be compromised!
If you’re stumbling or unbalanced, at that moment you’re “struggling” to find your balance, and it’s hard for you to defend yourself against anything. At that time nOn you can even stand, so it’s not easy to block/save/deflect the shot, also because your arms that have to act as a guard move trying to help you regain balance.
– head kick) By violently throwing your opponent’s leg out of the way, you can break their balance and land the head kick. “> – head kick) By violently throwing your opponent’s leg out of the way, you can break their balance and land the head kick. “>Deflect the Tip kick by violently throwing the opponent’s leg to break their balance and immediately pull the butt of the head.
dodge the low kick to pull as a counter response the kick to the head ..
This simple principle of breaking your opponent’s balance is incredibly powerful.
Not only will you get spectacular results, but there are endless ways to unbalance your opponent:
- A boost,
- A fake,
- Sending it empty,
- A sweep,
- A parade,
This is the formula or at least an important tactical “ingredient”.
Surely in addition to the imbalance one of the strategies often used is and remains to create with combinations of openings in the guard of your opponent or place the shot while the opponent retreats and the guard decomposed.
Today it is often used to double the hand stroke with a high kick from the same side:
- Jab – Body Cross followed by an immediate High Kick from the same side of the Cross
- Jab – Cross (to move the guard and open) followed by an immediate High Kick from the same side of the Cross
Street Fight Mentality & Fight Sport