- 1 If an attacker approaches the point of putting a weapon in your face there are three purposes:
- 2 From this distance you can do several things based on:
- 3 I will write you 8 that are fundamental but are not all those that you can learn, but study the disarmament from gun with pointed weapon:
- 4 How you need to train basic gun disarmaments:
- 6 How many basic gun disarmaments do you have to make?
- 7 You took the weapon and now?
8 basic gun disarms you need to know.
Pistol disarmament or pistol disarmament is a very rare condition.
I tell you this for several reasons:
- Fortunately, we are in a civil society;
- Usually if they point a gun at you so closely it is a threat that if you go along it is likely that the criminal, once he gets what he wants, will disappear (robbery);
- Fortunately, we are not at war.
In reality, if someone wants to shoot you to kill you or injure you by intimidation ,” he “never approaches” at such a distance that you can touch him, so disarmament is a very rare condition.
Would you do it?
So when you see too complex gun disarmaments with somersault jumps etc. they are scenes that are fine for cinemas but in reality they are mistakes.
At stake if you eliminate the variable of being or not being centered, the time you have available is that of the movement of the finger on the trigger with respect to all your movements.
If you are far from someone who points a gun at you, you have to find a way to approach or bring him closer or put yourself in a position to be able to escape.
Try to attract attention or possibly put yourself under a camera that makes the attacker change his mind because he would “burn” him.
These are very, very dangerous situations!
If an attacker approaches the point of putting a weapon in your face there are three purposes:
There are no other reasons.
If someone wants to shoot you, they don’t approach an average distance where you can get to touch them.
From this distance you can do several things based on:
- Where is the gun or firearm,
- What the aggressor tells you or doesn’t tell you,
- The type of weapon (to understand if it is true or not, how to grab it during disarmament and how to use it once unarmed),
- From how the aggressor grabs you or does not grab you (neck, arm, etc.),
- If you are alone or with other people, etc.,
- From the environment where you are, an open, closed place, a busy street or a dark street, sitting on a bench, in the car, etc.
– A first thing you need to learn is to distinguish first of all whether the gun is real or not. Under stress it is not easy and in doubt you must always consider it true.
– According to whether the safe is inserted.
– Third how he holds it and if he has his finger in the trigger.
ATTENTION!! Doing this check in conditions of high stress is something really difficult if not impossible if you are not familiar with firearms.
What I want to tell you is that the basic principle must be:
At that moment ALWAYS consider that the gun is real loaded and without safety!
Why am I telling you this?
If you talk to people who have had a gun pointed at them they will tell you that at that moment The psycho-emotional condition linked to the very high level of stress does not allow you to have a lucidity such as to be sure that what you see is reality And it is because of this uncertainty that regardless of whether it is true or fake. you must always consider it a real weapon and ready to shoot.
Now in addition to these evaluations you have to learn to do a series of gun disarmaments in the hope that you will never find yourself in such a situation but it is something that you need to know and this aspect regardless of the martial art you practice.
A further fundamental premise when it comes to gun disarmament is that:
Consider that every time you touch the armed hand of your aggressor will start a shot so this must be taken for granted by default and the reason why I say this and that as soon as you touch the hand the reaction on the trigger of the weapon linked to this change of tension certainly It accelerates it by pulling the trigger, then if this does not happen it is another matter but what you have to consider is that this always happens consequently you must always be out of the firing line you and the people near you.
I will write you 8 that are fundamental but are not all those that you can learn, but study the disarmament from gun with pointed weapon:
- to the face frontally with disarmament inside and outside
- to the abdomen frontally with disarmament inside and outside
- in the head from behind
- on the back from behind
- to the head from behind (Hostage)
- at the side with a hand that grabs you (Hostage)
- to the head frontally while you are on your knees
- in the face with a hand that grabs you
As I told you these scenarios are just a few and consider that the study is situational and requires many and many tests with a non-cooperating training partner and who uses the unarmed hand to hold you, tug you, etc.
Also consider that in addition to the location of the weapon there is also your position and that of your aggressor, the place, etc.
The variables at stake are very high and as I have already written to you the study of disarmaments can be a way to understand some dynamics, know the weapon better but above all it also serves to understand how to protect your weapon, I believe that this is the most important thing to learn when studying disarmaments, those who hold the weapon must understand how to protect it.
The mode is aggressive, violent and intimidating.
How you need to train basic gun disarmaments:
The first thing you need to study is the technical aspect then how to perform that specific disarmament and you have to do it both with the gun on the right and with the gun on the left because you can not know in which hand the weapon will have and where it will be placed.
Use a hard rubber plastic weapon or a fake gun with mechanics similar to a real weapon.
I’m talking about the blue guns,go read the post about these training simulacra.
Attention!! Never hold your fingers inside the trigger when the weapon is disarmed because they jump your fingers and if you hurt your training partner he no longer wants to “play” with you.
How many basic gun disarmaments do you have to make?
My advice is to do at least 100 disarmaments per type per week divided by position and if possible by varying your training partner.
You have to perform them both with weapon in the right hand and in the left hand.
Although they seem many in reality if you do a disarmament each it becomes very fast.
Even better if you have more weapons each.
Attention!! do not return the weapon immediately but perform the whole procedure possibly if you want you can divide everything into three phases.
- Step 1 – Only the disarmament technique
- Step 2 – Disarmament and securing it (take the distance, verify that the weapon is real, order to lie down, etc.
- Step 3 – Disarmament but the opponent throws himself against the defense of the weapon is secured.
Consider that the situation is at very high risk and you can not expect to learn a technical gesture that you can not afford to make mistakes by trying it a few dozen times.
Whoever is an aggressor must be hard, aggressive and also the voice must be incisive, convincing, hard, vulgar, like the look and therefore the intention.
Realism in gun disarmaments is very important and you don’t have to play stuntman, you’re not making a movie, realism is fundamental and despite this there will never be the stress level of a real condition.
You took the weapon and now?
Once you take the weapon the scenarios are many but I try to give you some possible scenarios.
- The person who was armed runs away
- The armed person has an armed robbery partner and shoots you
- The person who was armed jumps on you
- You have the weapon but you don’t know how to use it
- You have the weapon and you use it as a hammer
- You have the weapon and throw it away
- You have the weapon you know how to use it but you are not psychologically ready to pull the trigger to kill
- You have the weapon but behind the robber is full of people you can not shoot except with the risk of hitting innocents
- You have the weapon, you know how to use it, you can fire but you download it to make it not ready to fire because you already know that you are not ready to use it
- You have the weapon and kill
Beyond the possible scenarios, the meaning of this speech is that after you get hold of the weapon a crucial phase takes place that you absolutely must know, train to respond correctly, because the risk is to find yourself in a condition of extreme danger if you do not know how to use it and if you are not willing to pull the trigger.
So it is crucial:
- Have the weapon or take the weapon by disarming
- Knowing how to use it
- Be willing to kill to protect yourself and good people
After disarmament you need to know what to do and also the basic use of the gun, because if the gun is real your aggressor can have two reactions, he slings on you or will run away with his legs raised, but if you have a gun in your hand and you do not know how to use it or simply do not want to use it becomes very dangerous, because your aggressor will perceive it and will want to use this to his advantage and probably not reciprocate this “attention” that you’re giving it.
An important thing that is often overlooked, when you perform gun disarmament probably the shot will start this means that the blaze of the weapon must be away from your body and your face.
This would cause trauma because you would be burned or possibly a blow exploded near the ear can disorient you.
After disarming you need to strike immediately and then threaten the aggressor to lie on the ground with and arms and legs wide and head down or to the side.
Positioned where he can’t see you doesn’t have to know what you’re doing.
A second important thing, if you have the gun in your hand you must be willing to use it, if you do not do it you risk being disarmed by your aggressor.
If you know you won’t be using it, throw the magazine away and discard the weapon (if it’s an automatic one) to get the armed shot out and use it as a hammer, don’t keep the weapon working if you don’t want to use it.
Good basic gun disarmaments but remember that it is something you can only do if there is nothing more to do!
Hand Gun is note a game! Learn basic gun disarmaments even if they tell you they’re useless.
Street Fight Mentality & Fight Sport